Crystal Lake Backpack


Angie, Cami and I backpacked to Crystal Lake in the Mt Adams Wilderness in August. This was a 15.4 mile trip with ~2000 feet of elevation gain. We started at the Stagman Ridge trailhead on the west side of Mt Adams.

This area is absolutely beautiful. We were surprised by the number of other backpackers we saw at this "hidden lake". We also saw our first black bear in the Pacific Northwest. I was walking near our campsite when I saw movement ~30 yards away in my peripheral vision. Then to my amazement I small black bear wandered out of the trees. He saw me and instantly bolted...which I was very happy about! My heart was racing for a good 20 minutes after seeing the bear.

Here are some pictures from the backpacking trip. We hope you enjoy them.

Sunburst through the forest.

Our campsite above Crystal Lake.

Looking north to Mt Rainier. The lupine was at peak bloom.
More wildflowers. We are not sure what type these are, but they look like miniature bear grass blooms.

Sunset over the Goat Rocks area.
Angie, Cami and Mt Adams.
Angie, Cami, Scott
Alpenglow, Mt Adams.
Sunset over Mt Rainier.
Sunset over Crystal Lake.
Mt Adams during twilight. 30 second exposure.
Lupine and Indian Paintbrush around Crystal Lake.
This was a very nice meadow with a great view Mt Adams. This was on the Stagman Ridge Trail.

1 comment

Mr. Schmadeke said...

Another fabulous hike! Jaime and I always enjoy reading about where you and my sis have ventured.

Take care,
Jonathan

 
|  Scott and Angie's Blog. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger